The Private Sector Working Group is made up of members of the MCA who help private sector businesses to become more effective and more efficient by improving how they operate, reducing costs and changing the way they do their business.
Small, medium and large firms are all engaged by clients to support projects which require people with expertise in digital technology, supply chain, logistics, procurement and in delivering major projects in sectors such as financial services, retail, transport and manufacturing.
The group meets regularly to discuss the key issues affecting the private sector that impact the consulting sector and to support the MCA’s objective of promoting the value of consultancy to the private sector, the media and general public.
The working group will:
- Facilitate the production of quarterly think pieces that demonstrate the value of consultancy (for example: commentary on current industry, technology and workplace trends; identification of future developments that will impact businesses; etc.)
- Provide commentary (as required) on key issues as they emerge (for example: COVID-19; Brexit; etc.)
- Mobilise expertise (as required) to engage with the media (for example: provide quotes; participate in interviews; etc.)
- Provide support to the MCA’s programme of events (for example: presenting to industry forums; etc.)
- Provide input to MCA reports and research programmes.
The elected Chair of the Working Group is Richard Stonehewer who is from Efficio.