Although COVID 19 has many immediate challenges there are opportunities to develop the long-term strategic advantage of a business with new remote working tools.
Risking Exposure of Confidential data and client information
Although there has been a rapid adoption of technology by firms, some have not been able to assess security quickly enough, risking exposure of confidential data and client information.
The MCA has created a free checklist for SMEs to ensure that they ask the right questions about technology and how staff could use it before it is purchased.
Questions cover a number of areas and include:
- Does the technology align with broader transformation and strategic plans?
- Do you need edit locks on documents?
- How aware are staff of cyber security?
- Can you limit who can join a virtual meeting?
- Can employees use their own devices and what are the risks?
- Which licensing models are available?