BMT provides independent technical expertise and consultancy. We offer design solutions, asset management, programme delivery and technology services to customers in the defence, security, transport, energy and infrastructure markets.
Our team tackle the most complex engineering and programme challenges, blending capabilities from the entire spectrum of engineering disciplines to deliver enduring and value-adding benefits. We can adopt agile practices to rapidly tailor solutions to meet customers’ needs.
From working with the Metropolitan Police on business transformation and designing the Queen Elizabeth Class carrier, to maintaining the Royal Navy’s in-service nuclear submarines — whatever the project, we help our customers to engineer the right outcomes, optimise their assets, improve performance and increase efficiency.
With over thirty years of industry experience, and a long-term commitment to research and innovation, we solve the problems of today and shape the ideas of tomorrow. If you are seeking clarity from complexity, we are here to help.
The consultancy and advisory arm of the business enables business transformation through the integration of a number of core capabilities and services: project risk management, p3 management and control, cost analysis and management, systems engineering, enterprise architecture, solutions integration and training services.
As an Employee Benefit Trust, we are independent of any manufacturers or suppliers, so our customers are always assured of impartial and objective advice.
- Consultancy Service
- Business Transformation
- Business Change Management
- Portfolio, Programme and Project Management and Control
- Cost Analysis and Management
- Project Risk Management
- Digital Transformation
- Cyber Resilience
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised as an outstanding employer in the Global Business Excellence Awards. BMT’s continued focus on its staff and how effective communication, management and support was recognised as the cornerstones of the organisation’s success.
- Awarded the Queen’s Award for International Trade. Recognising the company’s outstanding performance in export growth and contribution to overseas trade.
- The Sunday Time Best Companies survey. BMT was awarded a two star accreditation and was placed 55th in The Sunday Times Best Companies survey.
- Business of the Year and Training and Development Award. BMT won both the Business of the Year and the Training and Development award in the Bath Chronicle Business Awards.
- STEM Organisation of the Year Award. BMT was awarded STEM Organisation of the Year award for promoting STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) in the South West of England.
- Green Shipping Initiative of the Year. BMT and the European Defence Agency were shortlisted for the award of ‘Green Shipping Initiative of the Year’. We were selected for our efforts to assist the maritime industry in improving environmental efficiency through investigations in the commercially effective application of electric ship technology.
- Awarded Certificate of Commendation from the MOD’s Chief Scientific Advisor for Defence Medical Education Local Area Network (DMEL) project. BMT Managing Consultant, Christian Hugill, was part of the team that received a commendation by the MOD’s Chief Scientific Advisor for Defence Medical Education Local Area Network (DMEL) project. The project had shortened implementation timescales and reduced manpower but managed to realise the DMEL vision.
- Awarded a Certificate of Commendation from Chief of Defence Material. BMT’s work contributed to the submarine dismantling project team being awarded a Certificate of Commendation from Chief of Defence Material for designing and completing a successful public consultation, which enhanced reputation and delivered on time.
- Simon Gould – Managing Director
- Monty Long – Director of Business Development and Strategy
- Mark Sullivan – Director of Operations and Capability
- Sue Fielder – Director of Finance
- Tracey Wardrope – Head of HR
- Rich Page – Head of Consultancy and Advisory Services
- Simon Wilmore – Head of Technology and Innovation Services
UK Office Locations
- Hong Kong
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Defence and Security