We rarely give digital connectivity a second thought and yet it is an increasingly fundamental enabler of our lives, particularly as our dependency on virtual connections has grown exponentially during the COVID-19 pandemic. EY’s client played a crucial role in delivering this connectivity, mobilising teams of key workers across the country to help us all to stay connected to family, friends and co-workers.
The project assembled a joint EY-client taskforce of over 100 specialist telecoms network resources across two phases and 7 technology and data-driven workstreams to review the client’s end-to-end network deployment, helping to ensure that this vital digital infrastructure could continue to be deployed efficiently and at-pace to those who needed it, even during significant disruptions such as COVID-19.
The key objectives of the project were to:
- Improve network resilience by developing tools and data to respond rapidly to disruptions
- Accelerate network deployments through more effective communication and contract management
- Enable efficient and sustainable deployments by increasing asset visibility and re-use and reducing costs to help meet the client’s ambitious environmental targets
The project delivered above and beyond expectations, providing substantial and sustainable benefits to drive a long-term improvement across the client’s various network deployment and supporting functions. This included the delivery of:
- Significant tangible and quantifiable financial benefits
- Enhanced inventory tracking and verification across multiple storage locations, covering all regions of the UK
- Streamlined and simplified master data
- Over 100 pages of detailed handbooks and implementation plans
- Knowledge transfer sessions and guidelines to support upskilling
- Support to consolidate and simplify supply chain operations
- Defined master data governance to ensure sustainable benefits
By combining an ambitious scope with a highly integrated team of experienced professionals and the deployment of advanced technology, the project has had a meaningful and lasting impact across the client’s network operations and given it the tools to continue delivering its vital services in the midst of unprecedented global disruption.
View the EY profile in the MCA Members Directory.