MCA elects new president

Paul Winter, CEO and founder of Corpra, an award winning management consultancy, has been elected President of the Management Consultancies Association (MCA), the trade association for UK-based consulting firms. Winter takes over from Pat Newberry, Partner at PwC.

MCA members represent 70 per cent [1] of the UK consulting industry, employ over 40,000 consultants and work with over 90 of the FTSE100 and all government departments.

Winter has been heavily involved in MCA activity in recent years as Vice President and Chair of the Membership Committee. He was trained at Cranfield University Advanced Management Research Centre and is professor of strategic management at Oxford Brookes University. He works with a wide range of organisations helping them develop and grow, from large multinational corporations to small emerging enterprises.

Paul Winter said:

“I am delighted to be elected President of the MCA. I actually felt quite emotional when told I was elected. I really look forward to working with some of the most talented and able people in our industry, helping to get the MCA right behind government policy to accelerate growth in the private sector and build capacity in the third sector.”

Alan Leaman, CEO of the MCA, said:

“The MCA is attracting new members as we explain and promote the value that is contributed by management consultancies to UK plc. Paul is a great choice as our new President and will do much to ensure that we continue to grow our role and influence.”

Paul Winter will be supported by three Vice-Presidents:

  • Steve Watmough, CEO, Xantus Consulting
  • David Cox, Managing Director, Mott MacDonald
  • Aimee Chapple, Managing Director UKI Accenture Management Consulting

For more information, please contact the MCA’s PR Consultant:
David Pippett
DWP Public Relations
Tel: 01225 459676
Mobile: 07899 798197

About the Management Consultancies Association

The Management Consultancies Association (MCA) is the representative body for management consultancy firms in the UK. Our sixty member companies comprise around 70% of the UK consulting industry, estimated to be worth £9bn in 2008, employ more than 40,000 consultants and work with over 90 of the top FTSE 100 companies and almost all parts of the public sector.

The MCA’s tough entry criteria and rigorous Code of Practice mean that MCA member companies are widely acknowledged to provide high quality services to their clients. Many of their achievements are recognised in the annual MCA Management Awards and the Consultant of the Year Awards.

The MCA informs and influences public debate on topical issues, and provides authoritative data on the industry. It commissions research and policy analysis and represents the industry in discussions with Government and other stakeholders. The MCA also facilitates networking and the sharing of best practice within the industry through events, publications and initiatives such as the Young MCA.


[1] Fee income from MCA member firms is estimated to be roughly 70 per cent of the total UK consulting industry. The other 30 per cent consists of mainly strategy firms, firms too small to be eligible for membership of the MCA and independent consultants.