Mott MacDonald Director Elected Vice-President of MCA

The Management Consultancies Association (MCA), the trade association for UK-based management consulting firms, has elected Mott MacDonald’s Stephen Cavanagh as its Vice President.

As a member of the MCA board, Stephen has been heavily involved in MCA activity prior to taking up the role of Vice President. At Mott MacDonald, he is responsible for the consultancy’s business and professional improvement division which operates principally in the UK central and local government, defence, health and social care, education and utilities sectors. The £23million business has over 300 staff in the UK and focuses on business improvement, cost reduction, efficiencies and effectiveness.

Stephen Cavanagh said:

“I am delighted to be elected vice president of the MCA. The association plays an important part in promoting the positive contribution our industry makes to the economy and society as a whole.”

Alan Leaman, CEO of the MCA, said:

“The UK consulting industry is both diverse and a world leader. Mott MacDonald is one of a number of outstanding firms with a diverse engineering heritage that have contributed greatly to the consulting industry in recent years. I’m sure that Stephen will play an influential and effective role in helping the Association to represent the industry and to grow our role in future years. It is great to have his voice at the table.”

Stephen Cavanagh will be supported by two further Vice-Presidents:

Chris Cooper, Managing Director of Challenge Consulting
Kirsty Birks, Group Business Director at Propaganda

Aimie Chapple of Accenture is the MCA’s current President.


For more information, please contact the MCA’s PR Consultant:

David Pippett
DWP Public Relations
Tel: 01225 335675
Mobile: 07899 798197


The Management Consultancies Association (MCA)

The MCA is the representative body for management consultancy firms in the UK. Its mission is to promote the value of management consultancy for the economy and society as a whole. The MCA's member companies comprise around 65 per cent of the UK consulting industry, employ around 30,000 consultants and work with over 90 of the top FTSE 100 companies and almost all parts of the public sector. The UK consulting industry is amongst the best in the world and a vital part of the business landscape.

Compliance with the MCA's tough entry criteria and rigorous Code of Practice means that MCA member companies are widely acknowledged to provide high quality services to their clients.


[1] Fee income from MCA member firms is estimated to be roughly 65 per cent of the total UK consulting industry. The other 35 per cent consists of mainly strategy firms, firms too small to be eligible for membership of the MCA and independent consultants.