Since the last update, the Executive Committee and Council have been working on a number of initiatives that we are looking forward to sharing with you over the next few months.
Firstly, we are excited to announce that we have been trialling the Community of Interest (CoI) Groups. The Young MCA CoI Groups are a collection of public forums for our members to share, explore and develop ideas around a specific area that is of interest to the Young MCA community. We are currently using both Slack and LinkedIn to see which platform is best suited for our members and the purpose of the Young MCA CoI groups.
The four CoI groups include:
- Government and Public Sector led by Chaellene Davidson (PPL)
- Digital and Technology led by Anna Whayman (Deloitte)
- Strategy led by Daniel Harvey (LCP Consulting)
- Business Transformation led by Alex Harvey (Atos)
If you are interested in being a member of one of these CoI’s please get in touch with Claire Stidston, the Vice Chair of Communications.
Secondly following on from our 10 year celebrations, the Executive Committee and Council have worked with the MCA to refresh the vision and mission statement for the Young MCA. The vision of the Young MCA is to engage and develop the young consultant community and shape the future of the industry. Our mission is…
- To enhance the development of young consultants through innovative and engaging events
- To support and communicate the ideas of young consultants
- To promote the consultancy profession to school leavers and undergraduates
- To unite young consultants with other professions and like-minded organisations
- To leverage our time, skills, and experience to help others
Over the final months of 2015, we have also hosted a skills based event (featuring a regular guest speaker; Lee Warren), a volunteering event with Young Enterprise and the 10th Anniversary celebrations!
Lastly, the Executive Committee are looking forward to putting the 2016 plan into action. With the launch of the MCA’s Year of Growth, we have been working with Paul Connolly, MCA Think Tank Director, to understand how the Young MCA can help support this initiative throughout the year.