Apprentice of the Year
In her time as an EY apprentice, Lauren has mainly focussed on remediation projects in the financial services sector. She is undeniably contributing to more equitable, customer-centric solutions for EY clients, including:
- Leading a review team on a complex remediation project on a legacy pension product to ensure vulnerable customers are treated fairly.
- Designing a process for a financial services company to progress complex, vulnerable customer cases.
- Helping project manage a multi-million commercial EY engagement.
Lauren is also determined to challenge the view that you need to go to university to succeed. As a result, she is making a positive impact by attracting new talent onto EY apprenticeship programme, where she inspires and helps build the confidence of future apprentices through various initiatives. Specifically, Lauren works with EY student recruitment team to extol the value of apprenticeships to potential EY talent, attending recruitment events and career fairs to demonstrate the range of people and opportunities at the firm, including:
- Helping to organise and host the first female-only EY Explore event – for students from disadvantaged backgrounds which involved visiting an EY office and learning more about consulting.
- Facilitating mock interviews with students as part of EY Smart Futures programme.
Additionally, Lauren is helping to develop the apprenticeship experience within EY. She is building a programme for apprentices to share their knowledge and experiences, with the hope that they can learn from each other in a way that best suits them.
View the EY profile in the MCA Members Directory.