Tessiant was founded in February 2020, by Anna Barsby (Retail CIO), Matt Neale (Headhunter) and Alex Ball (Consultant) to specialise in strategic advice and transformation delivery for retail and consumer businesses. Inspired by our own challenging experiences of leading and resourcing transformation teams, we combined our expertise into one offering, ‘consulting reimagined’. Rich Corbridge, CIO, Boots summed up our approach nicely, ‘Tessiant aren’t traditional consultants, they are practitioners’.
Our USP is the deep industry knowledge and breadth of skills we can offer through our mix of employed and associate consultants. We have evolved our offer considerably, adding a People consulting capability and a Senior Industry Advisor (SIA) offering, meaning we can include some of the UK’s most senior retail professionals in our projects. 2021 also saw Stuart Smith (ex. COO Morrisons, Tesco) join our leadership team, expanding our capability into supply chain and operations.
Now 2 years on, we have established significant relationships with big name cross-sector clients, such as Fortnum & Mason and Asda. As well as building partnerships with technology organisations to offer clients a more complete transformation service, combining business transformation with digital, data and technology.
From combining the credibility of our senior backgrounds and previous industry experience with the approach and outcome focus of consultancy, alongside the talent reach of recruitment, we have built one coherent and comprehensive offering, that is unique for our size and age. One which can deploy a range of skills, from a junior business analyst through to an ex CEO, with projects managed with the rigour and quality controls of a management consultancy, using teams who strongly empathise with clients (we used to be there), while maintaining a strong inclusive culture.
We advise and bring pragmatic deep dive industry experience to the table; we transform and help clients deliver meaningful transformations; we embed long lasting change and put people at the heart of everything we do. We work flexibly alongside you as part of your senior team, giving us the ability to assess your challenges quickly, offering a lean solution that shortens the process and delivers dynamic results with sustainable and scalable outcomes.
Since launching our consultancy at the start of a worldwide pandemic, we have been delighted to build strong relationships whilst delivering value and excellence to a wide range of clients across the UK. A lot of our company track record has been in the commercial sector, for example helping:
- Asda build a whole new digital technology base following its sale by Walmart
- Fortnum & Mason develop a strategic roadmap and deliver digital transformation
- Digital transformation, procurement, and delivery for a National Charity
- Identification and delivery of operational savings for a UK Value Retailer
- Deep industry insight into the grocery sector for Global IT Software Organisation
- Adopting a digital first approach for a Childrenswear Retailer
- Defined culture and built capability of Global Insurance Provider
- Shaped a change programme to address loss prevention for a Large Parcel Carrier
- Due diligence for Private Equity organisation, providing C-level perspective on potential acquisitions.
To find out more visit www.tessiant.com.
View the Tessiant profile in the MCA Members Directory.